Thursday, February 12, 2009

How YOU can help!

I have had several questions (most of which were from my dad) about how and when to donate.

I am attending a "Get Started Meeting" in Beachwood on Saturday, February 21st to pick up my registration kit, learn how to navigate the 3-Day website and meet other beginner walkers. I'm also hoping to pick up some tips and tricks from any seasoned walkers in attendance... For example, how do I avoid getting blisters on my feet? (Ew.)

After my "Get Started Meeting," I will set up an account through the 3-Day website, to which donations can be made in support of my $2,300 fundraising goal. I will be posting my donation site's web address once I find out the specifics, so please stay tuned to this blog. Along with providing a link to my *hopefully* easy-to-use donation account, I will also copy and paste some FAQs from the3day.org regarding how to donate and tax deductibility.

I can't wait to go to my "Get Started Meeting" and finally GET STARTED!!!

P.S. Dad, even though I don't have my donation account activated yet, you're still welcome to send money. You can write the check out to E-M-I-L... just kidding :)

1 comment:

  1. make sure you let me know when you get the donation stuff set up.

    ReplyDelete